Senator Rosilicie Ochoa Bogh (R-Yucaipa) has announced the California Department of Housing and Community Development (Department) has awarded over $3 million in funds from the Transitional Housing Program (THP) and over $3 million from the Housing Navigators Program (HNP) to Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
“I thank the California Department of Housing and Community Development (Department) for its effort to ensure struggling young adults in the Inland Empire find a home,” said Senator Ochoa Bogh, member of the Senate Housing Committee. “Our youth are our future. I am proud the state is prioritizing housing stability and helping former foster care, and probation system youth find a home, hopefully leading to their ultimate future success.”
The purpose of the THP is to promote housing stability for young adults, ages 18 up to 25, by assisting them in securing and maintaining housing, with priority given to young adults formerly in the foster care or probation systems.
The HNP provides funding to counties for the support of housing navigators to help young adults, between the ages of 18 and 21, to secure and maintain housing, with priority given to young adults in the foster care system. The county may use the funding to provide housing navigation services directly or through a contract with other housing assistance programs in the county.
Transitional Housing Program, Round 3 – Allocation:
- The County of Los Angeles was awarded $2,753,600
- The County of Riverside was awarded $257,600
- The County of San Bernardino was awarded $297,600
Housing Navigators Program – Allocation:
- The County of Los Angeles- was awarded $1,720,985
- The County of Riverside was awarded $223,940
- The County of San Bernardino was awarded $363,680
Local Housing Resources:
- Inland SoCal United Way: https://inlandsocaluw.org/211
- County of San Bernardino: https://sbcountycdha.com/
- County of Riverside: https://rivco.org/community/housing
- County of Los Angeles: https://housing.lacounty.gov/index.html